Thinking About a New Scope? Think Big!
Argo Navis™ Digital Setting Circles
with Ultra Res 32K encoders
Argo Navis digital setting circles are $895 installed on all new Obsessions.
Plug it in and start observing those 29,000 objects!
To order please send an email or phone.
The Argo Navis™ Digital Telescope Computer (DTC) brings not only accurate positioning information to your telescope but also provides an enormous detailed database of tens of thousands of celestial objects. Stars, asterisms, galaxies, globular clusters, open clusters, planetary nebula, nebula, planets, asteroids, comets, earth-orbiting satellites and more.
Magnitudes, surface brightnesses, object sizes, common names, stellar classifications, stellar luminosity classes, double star separations, Hubble galaxy morphologies, constellation, detailed parameters of planets, comets, asteroids, satellites and a wealth of other information is available at your fingertips with a simple spin of the dial.
Perform a quick two star alignment and off you go. No need to level your mount. It's fast and easy. As you move your scope, objects of interest are reported to you on the display in real-time. Argo Navis™ has a powerful 32 bit CPU at its heart that will easily allow you to continuously track satellites. The sophisticated software even accounts for precession and atmospheric refraction.
A battery backed real-time clock provides local time, UTC time, Julian date and sidereal time. There's even a stopwatch facility for timing astrophotography exposures and a built-in audible event alarm. Using the innovative Intelligent Editing System™, objects can be accessed quickly and easily by name without the need for a cumbersome keypad - even while wearing gloves!
- Two line red dimmable LCD display to preserve night vision with a built in heater for those coooold nights.
- Uses ultra resolution 32K count encoders, not the older 10K count encoders like most others. This yields greater alignment precision and much more likelihood you will FIND that object you are looking for.
- Routine two star align to initialize system. Align - and go - nothing else to do but enjoy.
- The Argo Navis DSC uses a closed loop system with local sync (realign) making the optional "ServoCAT GoTo tracking drive" a high precision GOTO scope for finding the next target without affecting the original initialization.
- Over 29000 deep sky objects & 1100 user objects - and room to grow by the THOUSANDS! It also has the easiest user interface of any digital setting circles, intuitive - simple to use - BUT POWERFUL when you need it. Features - there is NO comparison to old generation products. Period.
- Comets, asteroids, even satellites - not a problem. And when coupled with the ServoCAT - it TRACKS them! How cool is it to track the Space Station!
- Catalog includes: Asteroids, bright stars, comets, all the IC, Messier, NGC (including A,BC, etc suffixed additions), planets, popular deep sky objects (cross referenced by name), satellites, 1100 user objects, and misc bright and dark nebulae, double stars, galaxies, open clusters, planetary nebulae, variable stars.
- Object data included are RA & Dec., magnitude, surface brightness, size, common names, stellar classifications, stellar luminosity classes, double star separation, Hubble galaxy morphologies, constellation, and detailed parameters of planets, comets, asteroids, satellite and a wealth of other info. (% illumination, distance in AU's, etc etc). Displays major star chart cross references.
- Built in FLASH memory. You can even load up to 1,100 of your own user defined objects including associated comments and observing notes. Newly discovered comets, asteroids or satellites can all be added by downloading the orbital data off the net in seconds.
- Holster included. Mounted next to the focuser, your Argo Navis is always at your finger tips.
ARGO NAVIS DSC installation
We fabricate our own steel mounting hardware and cables for the ultra res 32K res encoders. When you buy the Argo Navis Digital Setting Circles with your Obsession you get quality factory installation. Encoder arms are easily removed with brass thumb screws. No tools required.